View Single Post
      01-30-2020, 09:44 PM   #19
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
going forward look into stepping up your oil weight, i hear a lot of talk of redline 5w-50 being a very good alternative.

good to hear its back on the road!
I would be a little skeptical of 5w50,I mean in real hot climates it should be fine, but up north on cold starts might not be to good for the engine bearings ,I know the guy troyup rebuilds a lot of the v10 engines and swears by red line 5w50 but thats a NA car, with turbos theres a lot of small lines the the oil is pumped through and being thicker might help one point but damage a next.
Most oils are really good today and I believe changing your oil at much earlier intervals is most important,I think even 5k is to long for an oil change on this engine the turbos beat the hell out of the oil ,I change mine every 2k no more than 3k I use LiquiMoly Molygen 5w40
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 1