Garage List
2012 Ford SVT Raptor  [0.00]
2017 BMW M6  [0.00]
2107 BMW M4  [10.00]
2007 BMW 650i  [0.00]
2008 MB E350  [0.00]
1999 Ford F350 Lariat  [0.00]
BMW keyed locking wheel lug stripped out

So how do you remove a fucked up BMW keyed locking wheel lug?

Took car to get my KW h.a.s. springs installed last week. They couldn’t get it level at the time even though all were lowered to their max (but was ½ inch too low on front left and 1/4" too low on left rear). They said to take it home and drive it - let the springs settle. So I did and took it back on Tuesday and in the process of them leveling it out they not only cross threaded and stripped out a regular lug on the left rear wheel but they also stripped out the key on the locking lug on left front wheel. They ordered a new key set and I just picked it up a couple hours ago. No way I was going to let these guys touch my car again after what they just did... Car is still ½ inch too low on front left. Screw them - I’ll adjust it myself...

Well fuuuuck me... not only did they have ALL the lug nuts cranked on so tight (I had to use a 6 foot breaker bar to get loose - torqued waaaay beyond spec!) but the key lug face on left front lug was stripped out as well!! ... so now I can’t get the left front wheel off!!

I mean seriously - what kind of a fucking hack does this sort of bullshit to brand new M car?!?!

Thought I was taking to a reputable custom shop - guess I was wrong. I would not recommend Eurocharged in Cincinnati to do any work on our vehicles!

Any tips on getting one of these off without damaging your wheel or taking it to get machined off?
Attached Images

Last edited by //MMachine; 12-22-2017 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0