View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #151
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_lara View Post
Get Bimmetch Prime nothing in this video is new to me i already run it in my 2016 F30 335I
Won't work on 2020 M2Cs according to my discussion with Bimmertech.

Convo,

Me: "Do you know when, if ever, you'll have a module for the 2020 M2C?

BT: "Unfortunately we do not know yet, it will not be anytime soon."

Me: "Gotcha, thanks! Did BMW do something that makes it more difficult or something?"

BT: "Yes different hardware which makes it more difficult to create a kit."

This is, so far, my only disappointment with the M2C, albeit minor. It didn't occur to me that in 2020, it would be possible for a car to NOT have AA, so I didn't really look into that aspect when buying my car. It wouldn't have made a change in decision at all, but would have been something to note. Then I saw that there's after market solutions, until there wasn't. So not only does BMW not have AA, but they've made hardware changes to a 2020 model that negates the current aftermarket solution while not offering a factory solution.

What could they have possibly changed and why, if they're going to force me to be stuck on iDrive 6 without AA?

Frustrating, but also a minor annoyance. It's just weird to me that this isn't standard on every vehicle at this point. Or, at least in the case of my 2020 M2C that apparently has different hardware, backfittable.