View Single Post
      03-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #43
Ryan32
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
very nice man! I'm contemplating ordering from RW Carbon, what is your feedback on the diffuser/front CF?
I'll give you my experience and hopefully others can chime in because i'm a small sample size.

I ordered the rear diffuser, front clip, and rear spoiler (all Vorsteiner clone) from RW Carbon. I had to source the side skirts from an Ebay vendor because Vorsteiner doesn't make them for the GC.

The Front Clip and Rear Diffuser fit real well. They are also screwed/bolted on so you can compensate a bit to bring in tight fit. No problems at all, and saved me a LOT of money over Vorsteiner pieces (thousands).

Now the spoiler... I honestly (again just my opinion) would go with a legit Vorsteiner for that part. The first one i received had bad manufacturing defects, it looked terrible. The second one didn't fit at all. Literally wouldn't even get close to sitting flush on the car. I went to a professional shop who is actually an RW dealer, and this was as close as it got:

I was able to find a legit brand new Vorsteiner for $695 through Vibe's ebay store. That's double the price of the RW, but seriously worth it for a piece that is totally visible and has to lay flush perfectly on the trunk.

To give credit where it's due, Greg at RW Carbon was great about handling the returns on both bad products. So no ill-will towards RW. I think it's a great option for everything not the spoiler due to tolerances having to be so tight. Again, i'm a small sample size so your mileage may vary!
Appreciate 0