View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Hi,
I do not use Carly or other pre-defined tools which do most of it for you but rather use the BMW program E-SYS along with the Launcher by Tokenmaster.
Yes it is possible. If one wants to revert certain settings/parameters or values back to factory default I would only do that for the ECU "affected" and not for all modules. Untouched, uncoded modules (ECUs) usually do not need to go over since factory settings still apply.

With E-SYS this is done via VO Coding. The FA (VO) coding can code either the chosen (selected ECU) or ALL modules to the factory default ECU settings. That is assuming your FA is factory original. Thus any coded values (unwanted as well wanted ones) by the user will be overwritten and everything will be back to stock settings.
If the FA of your car has been modified then you will get something else based on the modiffied FA. That is why people who venture into this sort of stuff should always make a backup of the original FA.
Once you have E-SYS installed and the application connected via ENET cable to the car's OBD the procedure usually takes a few seconds for most modules.
Appreciate 0