Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Sweet looking bike. My project bike is not so high end, but it's still a significant upgrade over the original bike. More like a Ford Mustang compared to your Aston Martin.

I started with a Trek Crossrip 1, which was basically a commuter road bike. I added a Dura-Ace/Pioneer crank with dual-side power meter, Ultegra RX 11-34 cassette with Di2, Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes, a CF gravel bike handlebar, Cobb Randee saddle, Topeak rear rack, and Bontrager TLR wheels. I had Schwalb G1 32's on it, but then went with road only 28's. Now I'm getting ready to go back to beefier 32's so it can handle gravel and the chip road surfaces we deal with every summer. The Crossrip is a bit hefty, but it rides like a dream and is very comfortable. I'll ride it for a few days in a row and then jump on my Trek Domane SL7 and feel like I'm flying.
Sounds like a good spec, ultegra is every bit as good as dura-ace for sure. I considered a gravel bike but i've got 2 MTB's, hardtail and Full Sus.
My original Klein attitude hardtail is such an amazing do it all bike. I rebuilt it 2 years ago after getting a custom paint job on the frame, another costly build but the geometry is close to the road bike, but I can go off road.
Domane sounds nice also
Appreciate 0