View Single Post
      04-03-2015, 04:03 AM   #4
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I'm about to have mine done too. I'm in line with IND waiting on my turn for a core swap. I don't know how their pricing is relative to local options but I've bought a few other pieces and they have been absolutely great to work with and I feel real comfortable with their experience.

I was at a tint and wrap place today, checking on X-Pel Ultimate or Stealth for my car and discussed this very thing with the guy. He said they would do the wrap but between what he said about it and his reaction to my questions I could tell I'd about have to hold him or his wife at gunpoint to get it done. He told me "It's a $120K car. The vinyl just won't hold up as it is such a very high wear area. You really should have it painted. It's the only thing that will last." If you think about it, what he said makes a lot of sense. But I have never had any experience with vinyl wraps or know anyone who has. I will add that he also said there might be a bit of an issue getting it properly covered too. That however did not make much sense to me. I'd think even I might be able to get a piece to cover that. But like I said I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to any kind of wrapping - never done it, never seen it done or known anyone who has. Just some pictures and mostly here.

I was going to have mine done body color but I have to say that black looks pretty sweet - makes for a nice accent.
Appreciate 0