View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #17
AtlChrisH
Registered
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe Alpine White

Garage List
Red face WOW, thanks 6post Member

First off, I'm new to this Forum. I've own many BMW M model and Mercedes AMG model in the past. But non surpass BMW style and character. I'm joining this forum to share experience of my M6 Gran Coupe. Please excuse if break forum rule, just please tell me. So here's my story.

I recently acquire a pre-own 2014 M6 Gran Coupe with 29k miles. Perform oil change with Castrol Edge 5w40 and filter (I perform the service at my shop). Drove about 1,200 miles, "add 1 quart of oil" message came on. Check oil level using Idrive, it was at minimum. I've own E36 M3, E46 M3 and N54 335i and non have used any oil, so this kinda worried me. Raise up to check for leaks, no leaks and no smoke from tail pipe. But oil was low base on the message. I've contacted BMW of North America, explain to rep about it, he refer me to contact a local BMW dealership. I called local Nalley BMW (Decatur, GA), they want to charge me to diag oil consumption and they believe it could have a leak. But I've been reading in this forum and google about the S63 oil consumption problem, it's a problem that BMW should address. If not connecting rod in S54, Rod Bearing in S85 and now Oil Consumption in S63. Man, I've should better off buying a Honda (LOL). So, I just change my oil to 0w40 Castrol Edge to monitor the consumption. If a quart of oil every 1,200 is what I have to live with, is that normal for these S63 motor? Thanks 6POST!!!!
Appreciate 0