View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 03:43 AM   #8
dclin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
I understand the desire to want to have original BMW equipment, but ever since my E46 M3 (I now own a F13 M6), I have had plenty of flats, and never ended up using the M Mobility kit in conjunction with the sealant. Instead, I called BMW or AAA roadside assistance, had my car flatbedded to the nearest tire center or BMW dealership, and had the tire fixed with a patch. The problem with using any sealant is that it gets all over the rims, and if you not get the rim completely clean after application of a sealant, it will throw off the balance of the wheels. That said, I have used just the compressor to pump up the tire pressure when there have been small leaks, when the tire pressure warning light comes on, so I can make it to the tire center or dealership to patch my tire. But the problem with the M Mobility compressor, is that you need to run it from the car’s cigarette lighter, and the power cord only reaches so far. So what I have done is get a cordless air compressor, which looks like a cordless drill, and use that instead. Plenty different models, and I ended up getting the Robyi model on Amazon, which has an integrated air pressure gauge. Much easier to use than the M Mobility kit. BTW - the M Mobility kit for the M6, and I am not sure if the one pictured is that model, does fit in that covered space in the back of the trunk.
Appreciate the insight!
Appreciate 0