United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo1989 View Post
Thanks for the tip. Although I was pretty annoyed initially about it, I haven't noticed it when driving today. With it being very minimal, I would still opt for spacers. Maybe not 15, but 10-12mm. The more aggressive stance + the drop is just

Thanks for the insight. I will play around with it a bit and try out sport & sport + for the dampers - as I was in comfort mode during my experience.

I actually did my own little test today and cleaned the inside of the fender well lip and took it for a drive. I then began to do the opposite of what we'd normally do; look for bumps, steep driveways, etc. I didn't hear anything and when I arrived back home, the fender well lip was still clean - no residue from the tire coating. This of course was a good sign. I think I'm going to stick with the 12mm for a while as I really like the stance it gives me.

I did not get an alignment as I just had the springs installed yesterday. Since it will be sitting in the garage for the next couple of months (Ohio winters) my plan was to get the alignment early March when I get new tires. In your experience, have you found it best to go with OEM spec for the alignment, even after lowering?
Glad to hear your testing resulted in a positive note.
Last 2 vehicles I've owned, alignment is set to even tire wear (OEM spec) after lowering. Prior to that due to camber I would have to dismount the rears every 4000 miles or so & swap left to right just to make them last longer. Otherwise the inner corner would wear out & need to be replaced every 9000 miles or so.
The last 2 vehicles were also ///M cars so no need to roll the fenders. For the non ///M models, I didn't feel like rolling the fenders so I went for the cambered setup instead.
Appreciate 1
Flo1989342.00