View Single Post
      06-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #11
mikeapples
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Comp

I did the New Owner Track Drive 2 weeks ago. I purchased a new BMW in June 2020. When I called the Performance Center, I was told you have 1 year from your purchase date to schedule the drive. The actual session can be outside of the 1 year window.

The 2 hour session started at 8am with a short classroom discussion. We then drove X5's around the off-road course. For this portion, my guest and I rode together and we both got an opportunity to drive. We then got to drive various BMW models on a small portion of the Performance Center Track. The online information suggested my guest and I would ride together and swap every few laps. I was pleasantly surprised when we each were given our own cars to drive. After 3 laps in each car, we would stop and move to the next car. We drove a Z4, M2CS, M440i, M550i and an X3M Comp. We were reminded often to "drive it like NYC - Not Your Car".

The factory tour was NOT part of our New Owner Track Drive. We did schedule a factory tour on our own for the afternoon. It's been reduced to a 1 hour tour due to COVID. There are several tours throughout each day. They recommend buying tickets in advance as some time slots fill up.

It was a 4 hour drive for us. I feel it was well worth it and plan to schedule a day of M-School soon.
Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3683.50
PJLux96.50