View Single Post
      08-01-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Hey X-Tech7 adding this video here you shared with me, if ya want me to remove it I will gladly do so. This video is here to help others that might not know what a spun rod bearing might sound like. If you own an M5/M6 please seek the consult of an indy shop well qualified to work on M cars that can do a repair for your with good bearings before you end up needing a full engine rebuild. I can't take credit for the video but will say it sounds exactly like what I heard the night my engine ate itself while on a causal drive to take the love of my life our for her bday dinner with a group of good friends.

Sometime regular oil changes are not enough and in my case regular changes and rod bearing service by the dealer did nothing to stop the engine from dinning before my wife and I did.

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 3