View Single Post
      12-16-2021, 02:38 PM   #12374
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
He's about 4 miles from me. I don't know how long it'll last, so far it's wonderful.

It's the elephant in the room that I'm ignoring and I'm just enjoying the time I have with him. He's military. As of right now, he's here for 3 years....after that, who knows.

He's told me what he wants for his future. He wants a wife, he wants that life, but military can be tough for that. I try not to think about what's going to happen when/if he leaves.
If you keep telling yourself that this is temporary, it will be. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Let's be honest, you've had douche-nozzles orbiting you since many of us got into this thread; maybe you finally found your dude. It sounds like you have your guard up; if you keep yourself in self-protect mode you'll eventually drive him away and you'll be back to square one. I know making yourself vulnerable to someone isn't easy, but that's how you connect with someone on a deep level and things really start to get fun. He's military, I get it. But I'm a firm believer that if you really want something, you'll figure out a way to make it happen.
Appreciate 7
Sara5812.00
Tommy-G4499.50
antgenn319.00
King Rudi13157.00