View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #20
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I have disabled EVERYTHING related to motion smoothing but what I am seeing is not just in fast movie scenes. Foreground and backgrounds look very separated, almost like a weak 3D. It is so disconcerting and I see it on all 3 LED i frequently use, i cannot stand the look. Even the wife, WHO CANNOT TELL THE DIFFERENC EBETWEEN HD AND SD, instantly sees the difference when we move from one TV to another.

Best example is the STar Wars remastered blu-ray of the original trilogy. We used the same blu ray player but on the LED the speeder, even standing still, looks like someone is controlling it with string it is so damn fake. On the plasma, 100 times better.

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...ung-tv-381583/

EDIT: Just did more searching but with new terms and yeah still seems like a "motion setting" issue but I have turned absolutely everything off.
Have you tried searching online to see if there were any professional reviews of your model TV or on the forums where calibration settings were posted. I have a Hisense 42" in my bedroom and a 55" TCL at my vacation home. I found calibration settings for both and the adjustments made a dramatic difference with the picture quality. It's not the same as having a pro do an ISF calibration but it's good enough.

This is why it just pains me that few people ever bother to dial in their TVs the correct way.
Appreciate 0