Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Sounds like the perspective of someone with zero idea what it's like to only use on-street parking. EVs are simply unbelievably inconvenient if not impossible for tens of millions of Americans to own. Then again we usually have the EV advocates shrug and essentially say "too bad" or "deal with it" when I bring up this fact.
These are all problems that can be solved. It is just a matter of having the will to solve them...

For instance, in Philadelphia where I live we run electric on poles that run down streets above ground.

Such as shown here in Google Street View.

Attachment 2546951

We can vastly improve our EV charging availability by building and connecting EV charging directly to the overhead wires on the same poles that they are already being held up by. This can be achieved by requiring the electric utility to build these since they own the poles and power and allow them to sell the power on it.

These will be solved in time. But you need to have the cars and demand to facilitate the changes.
There's that "deal with it" attitude I mentioned, except it's re-phrased on the belief in some technology that either doesn't exist, or hasn't ever been implemented on any grand scale yet. The selfishness and arrogance is disgusting IMO. There's millions and millions of people that would be negatively impacted by getting pushed into a new and expensive technology.