03-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havy View Post
That's the point. BMW says 35psi but Pirelli tells me different. So you guys stick to the BMW recommendations?
When you say "Pirelli tells me different"...where are you getting this information...from the tire or from some documentation from Pirelli?

If it is from the tire...that's probably the MAXIMUM tire pressure that Pirelli has listed on the tire...which is a safety warning...not a recommendation. The tire manufacture makes a tire that can be mounted on a vast number of different automobiles...and the inflation number on the tire's sidewall is designed to indicate the maximum amount of pressure the tire was designed to handle. It's not the recommendation for what the pressure should be...that info is provided by the car manufacturer and a label should be adhered to the door/door jamb that gives the car manufacturer's recommendation.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0