United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
The gentlemen below pretty much answered exactly how I would have. Do you think that Nissan target market for the GT-R is the same as BMW's target market for the M6? If so, you are verrrrry wrong my friend!

The M6 is aimed at the 40+ crowd, while the GT-R is aimed at the 30+ crowd.
Two totally different markets IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Couldn't say it better. This new M6 is everything that the GT-R isn't, the kind of things that the GT-R doesn't even intend to be, so please no need for pointless comparisons or I am gonna start comparing it with my 1M, after all they probably have more in common
I agree that the target markets for the M6 and GT-R are very different, and both cars have a completely different focus. See my reply to WRXXX about that. Someone shopping for a GT car probably won't be looking at the GT-R. With that said, it's not pointless to compare the two strictly on performance. Magazines, journalists, Top Gear, etc run many kinds of comparisons like this all the time.

Anyway, sorry for running the thread off course. I think the F12 in M6 guise is absolutely stunning. It has real presence about it that I never felt the E63 M6 had.