View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 06:02 AM   #1
Il.Duce.Dicky
Rep
Drives: Lots of mercs

Considering testing a BMW 650

Hello

Long time Mercedes fan here. I been wanting to try out a BMW for some time now and I really like the f13/06 650i/Xi.

Seeing low mileage 2013/14 models with coming down in price I'm very tempted.

What I really would like to do is get a 650xi with msport and mod it to around 600 crank hp which to my understanding should be able to accomplish with tune and downpipe. I would also like to do some cosmetic mods like carbon fiber diffuser and quad exhaust. Correct? Stupid? Which tunes and downpipe is recommended? Bm3 and ar catted downpipes seems like a good way to go? Maybe I should skip the Xi? They seem to be much more rare with msport.

I'm considering trading my mint 2005 cls55 amg, will I be disappointed? Will I feel the 650 is just a "normal" car? I have yet to drive a 650 but a 13/14 model year is a lot newer. With some extra power I shall not miss the AMG?

In the realm of Mercedes I have Mercedes workshop program called EPC/WIS containing every part catalogue for every Mercedes and all the workshop manual. Having access to every part number and step by step instructions really helps since I do all work myself. Is it possible to get hold of equivalent for BMW? It's the same program the dealers have. I also have Mercedes star which is the dealer level diagnostic tool. Possible to get equivalent for BMW?

The 650 and the n63tu. How is it in terms of reabilty? From what I read the 450 hp 2013+ seems pretty good compared to the older once which according to forums seems to be more of a pain. When I'm looking at the numbers the 650 actually seems cheaper to own than my amg.

Many questions but I hope some of you will take the time to help. Thanks.
Appreciate 0