View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Dazza993
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport - Phytonic

Question UK owners - extended warranty options/providers

At the end of July the warranty and breakdown cover that was included when I bought my M6 GC expires.

The warranty included from the supplying trader was an Formula X warranty from Autotrust.

I've not had a renewal quote yet but I'm wondering if any other UK owners have used other 3rd party warranty providers they would recommend so I can get a comparative quote.

There's also the options of warranty via BMW themselves which can also include a roadside assistance option too. The named component offering might be good enough and I'll be getting a quote for that, as it seems to cover the big ticket items if anything goes wrong and the cover level is up to the value of the car itself.

As for my car, it's a (4 year 4 month old) 2014 M6 GC with just under 19,000 miles on the clock. I've had it one year and done about 6.5k miles.

There were no warnings or advisories when it had its service & MOT back in March this year and I've never taken the car on track and don't have plans too. I would consider myself someone shows the car a lot of mechanical sympathy so don't drive it aggressively when components aren't up to temperature. Rarely do I get it anywhere near the rev limit and if I do stretch the cars legs it's not for an extended period.

I'm half tempted to go without a warranty given the car's low mileage etc. but I am aware that if something big does go pop then I could be looking at a bill running to thousands.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Darren...
Appreciate 0