View Single Post
      07-04-2022, 03:11 PM   #13
mobitechaz
Rep
Drives: bmw f02

Aerial diversity

Well, thanks for the reply and detailed confirmation that the remote control lock/unlock signals are picked up by aerial diversity.

I have no reason to suspect the aerial diversity is to blame. Its very low on my differential diagnosis. All of the radio signals work perfectly, no codes specific to aerial diversity, and wouldn't explain why the proximity key isn't working. I think all antenna are working ok.

If the fualty CAS module is not to blame, I think alternatively this may have to do with an improperly programed key fob, or perhaps if there is a single antenna that picks up the proximity key, it may be faulty. I read that if you program three or more fobs, comfort access will stop working. there must be only two active fobs for the comfort accees to work. I disabled all but keyfobs #1 and #3 and I changed the personization number from 3 to 2, however, that did not seem to effectuate anything.

Perhaps there is a separate programming procedure to program the new remote fobs and integrate them into the Comfort Access module that I was not able to do (Or neglected to do) with the autel IM608 which i no longer have. Beginning to think more and more this is a locksmith issue.
Appreciate 0