View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #719
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
had a bad case of fungus early Spring with all the rain and warm temperatures. my problem at the time is I didn't have a bagger since I always mulch. eventually with 3 bottles of Bayer Fungicide I was able to cure it. too bad you couldn't get that seed down. I will tell you I see a big difference with some over seeding as my lawn looks a lot more dense and thick than previous years since this is the first time I overseeded since I've owned the house for 3 years. not sure what seed you bought but i'm very pleased with the results with Pete's GCF Tall Fescue blend. i'll be using this cultivar every fall until it overtakes the salad bar my grass has lol! good luck with the cocktail you're throwing down!
It's all KBG but split across 4 different cultivars. 50lbs Appalachian (uncoated) and 50lbs Concerto (also uncoated). The other bag is 50lbs but is coated seed so half of it goes to the coating. The other 25% is actually half KBG and half perrenial rye (that I forgot about.....but originally figured it die out anyways because it's rye...lol). The KBG components are Fielder and SR2100 KBG.

I was hoping Pete would have his blend out but he is still experimenting with it. Looks like he is hoping to get it out to folks next fall (2020).

I thought about getting his TTF blend again but wanted to experiment with some KBG cultivars (nte: to do that, I'd have had to have seeded this fall...d'oh). There cultivars that are more disease and drought resistant than the traditionals. Most won't touch TTF but I was wary from the explosion of clumping fescue that I came down with. In all liklihood, I'll go with a TTF and KBG blend down the road. I've been keeping the grass around 3.5" most of the year but am mowing down before winter. I'm at 2.5" now and will probably keep it about that as it goes dormant.

I might just throw fresh soil and compost on my East side yard in the spring and overseed it as new. It is pretty sparse and the weakest of all my grass. Admittedly, I won't both tilling it since I figure whatever grass is strong enough to work through the dirt I'll dump on it....well, it deserves to stay. It really isn't at all dense, though, so I think I'll be good. Plus, with 2 dogs it will help to rotate what section of the lawn I work on.

Now stop posting pictures of your lawn and making me feel bad. lol