View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 10:54 AM   #708
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I'm not a yard freak but I pay people to come and sprinkle poison on my lawn to make it look nice.
In the fall of last year, I've extended my driveway, patio and shed concrete but the workers left my lawn in a bad shape. The lawn was hydroseeded in 2016 so it's relatively new. The dump truck and Bobcat have turned parts of my lawn into a barren desert. I've tried loosening the soil and overseeding it but nothing wants to grow. I will try aerating the lawn again and see if that does anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
you'll need to loosen up that soil since it's heavily compacted. I would even go as far as throwing down some new lawn soil if it's in the budget. aerate and reseed if possible
^ whs Sounds like it is pretty compacted. Not sure how big the area is but you could get or rent a small tiller to break up the ground. Throw some compost and/or top soil on top before cultivating the ground to get some 'good stuff' mixed in. Toss some starter fert and quality grass seed, bed the seed in, and top dress and you should be good to go. You'll get weeds unless you use something like Tenacity (or it's active ingredient) but that can be dealt with after the new grass grows in.