12-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
So the car has the lifetime navigation regional update option, but my road maps are dated 2017-4. Regional update (Northeast US) dates 2020-1.
My question is how can I update the road maps to the newest version and not lose the automatic regional updates? Here's a picture of what shows up on the software section in navigation setting:
There are free downloadable maps offered across multiple BMW forums, you can also use vendors that sell updated maps & FSC codes (you will need an FSC code to update your road map version). Or you can spend $$$ at your local BMW dealership for updated road maps.

I just got an email a week or so ago from the vendor I used to update my maps (I also purchased a lifetime FSC code with my first map update so all I need for any other updates are the maps).

Here’s a link to a vendor that sells map updates that you can check out to see what is out there: https://bimmernaviupdates.com/

You can also simply google “BMW map updates” to get more info about other ways (free & pay).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0