10-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #40
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
M6GC > M5

Only advantage the M5 has over this is the heritage IMO.

M6GC has a better stance and sportier look. Now I can't wait to see the M4GC - that will be epic!
I disagree. M6 has a sportier look, but that doesn't help it have a better stance. I find 6GC and M6GC to be disproportionately looking (headlights, rear, height) for its shape and dimensions and, unlike M5, that car is going to struggle to find its place for a long time and intentionally exclusive +20 HP, added luxuriousness and a design too gentle for an ///M car did little to change that. On the other hand, M5 maintains the advantages of price, being practical and a car you can go to a high-profile business meeting too and for some people a simply put "better design".

It's not only about the heritage of M5, but about the purpose of M6GC - which was to bite off chunks of sales from CLS and A7. M5 looks much better to me, more proportionate and has a solid place in automobile world and mind of consumers. Even when I had M6 (E63) the road presence of an M5 always screamed "damn, there's an M5" here."

E39 still looks very proportional and clear in spite of being an almost 20 year old car, I find F10 to have the same 'not aging' design and one of the best looking (long term) designs BMW ever made, especially considering its target market and heritage.

To me, M6GC resembles an adult man who wears clothes much younger than of his age. Assembling better looking parts together doesn't make a car better looking.
Attached Images

Last edited by singularity; 10-11-2012 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0