07-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #56
Mahzari
Captain
Iran
Rep
Drives: poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
What BMW is smoking is that this car is going to compete with the Panamera, not the CLS or A7. While the CLS and A7 are directly taken off the E-class and A6 platform, the 6GC is somewhat indirectly taken off the f10 platform. Really, it is a stretched version of the f12 platform, which shares some parts with the f10. I'm not saying I agree with where they're coming from, but that's where they're coming from.

I do believe the 6GC is the best looking car in the entire BMW lineup, but the excessive sharing of engines/tranny/etc.. among the M cars has gone overboard now. M now is nothing different than AMG.
How is there a bigger difference from 5-series to 6-series GC than from E-class to CLS? The 5-series and 6 GC have identical engines and transmission, and the GC has the same interior as the regular 6-series. If anything, the CLS is the only Mercedes with that exterior and interior.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the CLS, A7, and 6 GC are just sedans underneath with much better looking exteriors and interiors. With this in mind, the fact that the 640i costs more than a CLS550 and Panamera V6 is ridiculous.

I think the 6-series and 6-series GC are BMW's best looking cars as well, but well equipped versions push $95,000-$100,000, and frankly, I don't think they're worth it.
Appreciate 0