04-05-2020, 10:19 AM   #814
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
The best way to deal with bald spots on St. Augustine is to drop some sod down (and water the new sod well until it gets rooted). If you're talking about some small areas it shouldn't be too costly. They would eventually fill in on their own but chances are a lot of what gets filled in are weeds. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to use seeds with St. Augustine and always patch with sod.
In that same vein, I've also heard to not overseed St. Augustine. That was my initial thought in a hope to thicken up some of the thin areas, but the internet tells me that is a no-no.

Looking at the shape of dead behind the driveway, I'd say he had about a 18 ft boat parked in the same spot for a considerable amount of time. The yard is thick surrounding it, but there's a "V" shape of really just dry dirt that shows no sign of life. Sod will be the way to go for that.

I think my final battle to get to that base will be weed control in the islands under the three large oaks I have. With as mature as they are, I'd imagine I'd be fine to blast some Round-Up or something, but I'm thinking it may just be a forever battle. Would like to come up with a way to have a bit more of a permanent solution.
Appreciate 0