View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #14
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I hear ya about them selling Molygen but they sell Redline and Amsoil also , The reviews have been great , there has been a lot of reviews also ,Audi’s Beemers and Benz doesn’t matter they all liked it , most of them say there engines run smoother and quieter, There was also guys complaining about burning oil and changed to the Liquimoly and it stopped.

There is really no reviews on Amsoil or Redline,I actually am considering on 1 of those ester based oils but still on the fence , I think Amsoil, Motul, and Redline are in the same league , and most people I spoke they all say 5w40 , except for 1 😁, If there is some proof in the puddin I’m all in
I know i have seen the same. I only have some data from the oil i have used. i know that after my blackstone lab results the 5-30 LM stuff turns into 5-20, and the 5-40 goes into a 5-30 state after having been used. granted that is also at the end of its life in the car, but id like to see it last up more as its advertised weight. I have seen good wear on my engine in my reports but thats not the whole story. The oil always comes out looking horrible, and i know it has good detergents in it but wow sometimes.

It will be interesting to get more data points. I also see a lot of differences between people who run the different oils. for the most part redline and amsoil are more of a veteran oil. you see hot rod guys brag about their amsoil, never a german car guy. Liqui Moly has a great marketing campaign to draw everyone to them. cant deny they sell it very well and it does perform well.