View Single Post
      05-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayone415 View Post
So what I mean is that different cars are designed with more performance than others. Your garage description says you have an M2, which is a high performance car. I've never been in one, but I'll assume your car going 120 MPH is nothing at all for your car to handle. Compare your car to an exotic or supercar, I'd assume 120 MPH on a daily basis would be even easier on their cars. Assuming the same slower cars are sold and driven in Germany as in the US, take a Toyota Corolla with 139 HP and drive that for 120 MPH everyday and just thinking as how BMW decided against putting in a temperature gauge in the 2 series for however long and across however many models?

Even with oils these days being better, it still depends on the car and how the car operates. I remember when I had my Audi and found out that it was considered normal to burn a quart of oil every 500 or so miles. It was like an oil change was basically changing new oil?
Not a car but a motorcycle. I go to track schools run by California Superbike School. They use a fleet of BMW S1000RRs. These bikes regularly see speeds over 100. Many times they're hitting close to 180 on the track. And these road courses will cause speed cycling down to 40/50 MPH and back up again lap after lap. The same oil used to lubricate the engine lubricates the transmission. I've never seen any of their bikes go down due to mechanical failure in the many years of going to their schools. These bikes are subjected to riders of all different riding styles over 4 straight days. Then the school packs up and moves on to the next track for the week after throughout the year. This speaks to the maintenance these bikes under go.
Appreciate 0