02-09-2021, 01:41 PM   #165
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative mate . We don't hate RIC . It's just speculation from what could come for him at McLaren .

In RIC's last season at RB , he was nowhere and beaten by MAX . He walked on time !
Let us not forget that RIC knew the Red bull car thoroughly !
While MAX was just a rookie kid from 17-18 year old ..MAX was the youngest F1 driver ever , with his 17 years and 3 days old .
But he won his first race very quickly anyway , and was only 18 . And MAX was and still is the youngest F1 race winner ever in the F1 history !
Unseen !

Well mate .I'm pretty sure things are changed now ...
.................................................. .....................
That rookie stuff doesn't apply for talent at their level, especially a few years in. The greats come into F1 fast.

Your analysis of 2018 lacks the mechanical dnf and mechanical grid penalty disparity between Ric and Ver.

Ric had 2 more poles (Ver had 0), the same number of wins, and 2 more fastest lap awards (Ver had 2), while having 4 more DNF total (8 in total for Ric!! And let's not forget one of those was from Ver crashing them both out in Azerbaijan after a series of illegal defenses, where Ric was clearly faster), and more grid penalties than Ver. Check my stats though. Could be off.

Also, Ver was favored by the team. Whether this affected Ric's chance at a fair fight...It sure seems possible.

I'm not shitting on Max either, but this forum has a way of trying to shit on everybody else to lift their "own guy" up. It's annoying. Recognize that there is other talent and these guys aren't untouchable.