SPEED DEMON
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSeed View Post
In case you haven't reviewed Evolve

https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=31

- The only tuning company I've ever used so I can't compare to other tuners.
- Great results for my E60 M5 & F06 M6, no regrets other than frequent visits to the gas station which happens to be $4.50 /gal on 91oct.
- Excellent customer support & performance products
- Flash your tune with your computer. Unfortunately, no handheld flasher option
- Can't say they produce the highest Dyno numbers since not all Dynos are created equal. Some produce higher numbers than others, same goes for stock vehicles
What I can say is that they are highly concerned about the longevity of their customer vehicles.
Ex: setting the torque to 700+ on Stage 1 is easy. Set that on a stock clutch, & you'll be replacing it much sooner than expected. Similar rule applies to HP.
I totally agree with you. There are many modifications and tuners available for our BMWs. The right mods have to be matched with the right tuner, in order to maintain a safe operating vehicle. These cars aren’t cheap at all. So, why would anyone want to harm their vehicle, as well as, put their life in danger??? I have always been leery of any tuner that claims significant gains in hp and torque, without requiring any additional performance parts to be added to the vehicle to offset the higher performance. From as simple as adding high performance tires, to higher octane gasoline, and or more, some type of additional modification is necessary for the optimum performance and safety of the vehicle and operators.

Thanks for your input on your experience with the Evolve Tuner.
Appreciate 0