Rep
Drives: ///M6 GC

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [0.00]
2010 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts-m6 View Post
Thanks for the xxii link.

I currently have the straight cut rolled end stainless steel exhaust tips in black chrome from Bimmian.

Now I'm kind of contemplating on the slant cut rolled end stainless steel exhaust tips that xxii has. These almost seem to be same as the BMS tips I had on M4 I used to own. xxii told me the inlet diameter is 70mm, outer diameter 97mm, length 142mm. Inlet diameter seems to be right but I'm kind of worried about the shrinking diameter and curve of M6 exhaust pipe...as you have pointed out. Outer diameter of 97mm seem oversized for my diffuser as well... I'll have to do some measuring...
Thanks for mentioning Bimmian. I didn't know they sell those tips.

The slant cut tip looks good & seems to be a slip on version like OEM. I share the same OD size concerns if you have a particular type of diffuser.

Mine are:
136MM length

69MM ID

89MM OD.

(69MM inner diameter tips & 68MM outer diameter muffler tips) barely has any gap.

With my diffuser, the most I can go is 91MM OD otherwise I would have to cut this area. The tip is about 4-5MM away from touching.

The left tip is pushed all the way back so an extra 7MM would still look good. Wont stick out too much.

Last edited by BadSeed; 09-28-2019 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0