10-13-2020, 11:58 AM   #991
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Used to skateboard and all too familiar with grip tape and I don't recommend it for your application. My father had the same idea after my purchasing of a new roll of grip tape for my deck as a teenager.

A. Dirt and mud will get down into the grain. It can be cleaned, but when wet, it renders the kung-fu grip action slick as snot on a door knob until it dries. In the meantime, it looks like shit until you clean it with a brush.

B. Socks, if you step on that stuff with socks, its going to shred them. White fuzzies in the grip tape and worn out socks.

C. It's agressively....."grippy." It shreds skin if you hit your shin on it. Trust me, your wife will not approve.

Also, just to mention; the paint that can be used in this application will have the same features, but to the general consumer trying to apply the non-slip paint, the results are never pretty. However, I've seen your handy work. I think you'd be fine applying it and making it look how it should, but again, it's just another form of the same issues as above.

I don't like to shoot down other people's ideas without offering a solution at the same time; so peep these.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6684623...waApagEALw_wcB
Thanks for all the great info. Never thought about socks and bare skin as we do do that alot lol. Just the way it is has been fine. I may leave it and see how it plays out
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Lups11826.50