02-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550ihtown View Post
There's a used M6 gran coupé that I am looking at which doesn't have DDC. Does it matter if I don't intend to track this car?
Also, what does the suspension setting adjustment do if there's no DDC?
Thanks guys!
What is your interpretation/definition of DDC...and how did you come to the conclusion that the M6 GC you’re looking at doesn’t have it? (Only asking to be on the same page with what you are thinking...and not to make an assumption that could be way off base)

If your 550 had “buttons” (assuming you mean driving experience buttons like eco-pro/comfort/sport???) and you could not tell any difference when initiating them...then not having “DDC” (???) probably would not be something you’d miss due to your personal sensitivity to slight variations & changes to chassis/suspension/dynamic drivetrain mappings.

BTW, back in the 90s when I had my 91 735iL (which had EDC)...I had two friends with me and was “testing” this new fangled “EDC”...and on the same course 1 friend was like OMG, this is incredible...and the other friend couldn’t feel anything or tell when the suspension & damping tightened up.

In case you are referring to VDM (vertical dynamics management) in which dynamic drive (active roll stabilization) falls under its control...maybe the info below will be helpful:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0