08-31-2021, 10:09 AM   #239
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
- Avoid static stretching. Science has finally come out that it's not good. Think about your "warm up" is to pull on cold muscles!! Always stretch after a run. Before keep it to a moving warm up.
- Last rule, if it's 85 and below you don't need a gallon of water. You will be fine! If the weather is nice and not crazy hot you can go for almost 90 minutes without anything. Don't think you need water for a 30 minute workout. Focus on the run.
I never did do stretches at the beginning, and people always looked at me funny. I need some blood in those muscles before I can stretch them, so let's just take off easy and try to get the metronome in the head working the feet first. OR get a song (Mary had a little lamb) stuck in my brain, so I forget that I'm doing something most other modern humans don't.

5km does not need water stations

LAst night was bad. I'm type 1 diabetic. I was at 300 when I got home from work. Took a small shot, and went for my 5km (to lower sugar) When I got home I was 60. Wife already had chicken ready, and quickly made a whole pot of mashed potatoes. I think I had 4 helpings of that, along with an actual orange soda, chicken, and some salad. I was over-compensating. That was at ~6. I waite duntil after eating, so I could guage just how many cards I had, to take my meal bolus. I went up 3 units due to 4 helpings of potato.

By 9, I was at 50. I had a root beer. At 10 I was jolted out of initial sleep sweating like a pig. Now I'm at LO (<40) Another orange soda, 20g of glucose, and a small gatorade.
At 2, I wake up to pee (too many sodas). Check, I'm 129, that is just crazy normal considering.
5:30, and I'm 209

So, all that work I did to run the 5km, burned maybe 300 cal? To counteract that I added back 1000+
Appreciate 0