View Single Post
      04-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

My Wife drove my car back in December and was involved in collision, no one hurt (can always get new car, but can't replace her). She drove my car maybe couple times previously. Anyways, she went to a local carry out food joint to pick up special prepared items for event at our daughter's home. The location is right on a very busy main road with a rather steeply inclined parking lot. I believe when she parked, she put the car in neutral, exited my car, then watched as my vehicle started rolling backwards gaining speed through the inclined parking lot! Fortunately, it avoided other cars, ran over a curb, barely missing a fire hydrant as it dragged over a grass berm, crashing down on a tall second curb as it entered into the busy boulevard where cars swerved around the unmanned BMW rolling perpendicular through traffic on its way to the opposite side of the road! No one injured (except wife's feelings)! Although I loved that car (just paid it off), I love the better half of me more and she was not hurt!

Although the car appeared to just have minor cosmetic damage, the berm destroyed the exhaust, catalyst and tore up the underside. The last curb crushed the radiator, turbo inter-cooler, steering gear (expensive), took out the nose and both headlamps... $21K in damage... totaled

The 2014 335i M-Sport RWD was $57.5K MSRP fully loaded with MPPK, MPE, several cosmetic items and had just installed the LSD in the back. Came to agreement on cost after 45 days. Although I hope never to have this happen again, I can not complain as I acquired a 1 year old BMW Individual 440i for a great price!

Name:  IMG_6722.jpg
Views: 2318
Size:  117.8 KB Name:  IMG_6728.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6724.jpg
Views: 2302
Size:  91.5 KB Name:  IMG_6738.jpg
Views: 2321
Size:  92.6 KB

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)

Last edited by kpgray; 04-25-2020 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0