03-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #35
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
So I think the novelty of Tesla being the drag king has about worn off. It's really a one trick pony.

I've said it before, the EV has no soul. It's like comparing an Apple watch to a Rolex, the Apple watch keeps better time and does all kinds of things the Rolex (or most mechanical watches for that matter) doesn't.

But the Rolex has a soul, moving parts and beautiful. It will last for generations and it's something you want to own. The Tesla like the Apple watch will be tossed when the next version becomes available.

This is just my opinion but give me my Rolex and Air Cooled Porsche all day any day.
I mean yes and no. Modern 911s, particularly carreras, are a really sanitized experience. It seems like with each successive generation carreras and turbos are getting softer and softer, to the point where I personally feel that the 911 Turbo is really just a Carrera Turbo. It's not very engaging and clearly directed at a more comfortable, traditional GT experience. SO yeah, I think we're getting to a situation where engineers are making a lot of ICE cars provide an experience that closer and closer to a fast EV.

For me, unless I was really interested in having a turbo and only a turbo, I don't have any real interest. Something that prioritizes more the driving experience like the GT cars (911 or even cayman) has my attention more than the turbo.
Appreciate 0