View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
dsocold
Captain
American Samoa
Rep
Drives: f06 640i GC. E82 N54 135i

Hello everyone!
I have noticed as of lately on my 2015 640i that I own for about 5 months now that when I am in comfort or comfort plus mode when I encounter bumps/ridges on the highway at speeds above 50mph only, that it upset the suspension and causes it to be translated to the steering wheel in a shaky/shimmy type situation nothing major but it causes my steering wheel to have this wobble as if the steering rack is so loose that the bump works its way directly to the steering wheel. I have noticed in sport plus mode it is much better but then still it just does not feel right. Nevertheless it could be the electric suspension on the f06 that causes this maybe? but it just doesnt have this refined feeling that it should have for a car of this caliber so im convinced somethings not right with steering system. It is at the dealer now and i am going to take them on a test drive to duplicate the issue as they could not duplicate it. (in the past i cant count on how many times i had to duplicate stuff for them to address the problem)
Any opinions on this or is it just me and maybe I got used to driving my 135i for to long and now the big body cars are just wobblier and have more bump steer from road imperfections.
Appreciate 0