View Single Post
      10-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

It's funny that so many people go out of their way to GET shadow line trim. Personally, I always get black BMWs, and the 550xi before my 650xi GC was the first to have the shadow line trim. I found that it made the car just more bland - similar to my old 325i back in the day - BMW would give you black trim on the "lowly" models, reserving the chrome trim for the upper end models.

When I ordered my 650xi, I special ordered a DELETE on the shadow line trim - since adding M-Sport automatically gave you it. They were happy to oblige, but it took some digging and phone calls for the dealership to figure out how to put the order in that way, and they did it for no additional cost.

When the car arrived, I received no less than 3 or 4 separate and unsolicited comments from people at the dealership that liked the look. To each his own, but I much prefer the chrome trim - especially since the other trim on the car (grille, former side-marker, etc.) is chrome. On black, it just adds nice contrast, too. I suppose if you were blacking-out the whole car, including the other trim pieces, it would make sense.

Interestingly, if you go to configure a new 8-series, they now give you the option for "Chrome Line" trim - if you PAY for it as part of the $3,350 Individual package!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0