01-04-2021, 11:18 PM   #6
socalengineer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640i F13 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggboy View Post
You are over thinking things.

1. The stock shocks are adjustable via mode and the Eibachs are progressive springs just like stock, just one inch shorter. The rates change slightly in the coil.
2. The suspension is designed to travel several inches, and perform across various occupant weights. If you think a resting height of an inch lower is different stress on the suspension than having 3 passengers, think about things more from an engineering stand point. If you add aprox. 600 lbs the ride will be lower. The suspension is designed for that. The question is what the castor and camber will be at the lower height. And i can assure you that a one inch drop is still able to be aligned to factory specs.
3. Eibach springs are about $250 US from the factory. Using aftermarket shocks means you lose the adaptive suspension settings.

Normaly i would agree with your points, as i have lowered and modified many cars, but in this case, unless you want to go coilovers, just swapping springs is the way to go.
1. Just checked the Eibach website they state their springs for the 640i application are suitable for the stock shocks.

However, I have seen many forum posts where users have blown their stock shocks with other lowering springs. So it's best to reference every specific application.

3. If you use coilovers you also loose adaptive suspension settings. I personally don't care too much for comfort/sport mode changing the dampeners but I can see if you're a user of them that would be a consideration.

I think running the eibach springs without the higher dampening from the B8 bilsteins wouldn't provide me the performance I am seeking. (which is what you mentioned that it is still not stiff enough with factory dampers)

I don't know anyone running ksports and don't know how they tune their suspension compared to Bilstein.
Appreciate 0