07-25-2021, 09:13 AM   #21
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Android other than security aspects I’ve mentioned on previous posts. And I used to be diehard Android until ios7 or so when the UI more or less began to catch up with Android from a functionality perspective. Yes, if you want to use your phone more or less like your desktop computer, maybe Android is for you (CLI, custom coding etc), but most of us just need to do the basic things with them which now are quite a few features.

I also like the fact that there’s a lot less OS fragmentation going on with Apple and you can keep a phone a lot longer than you typically can keep an Android while still enjoying the latest OS. I tend to replace every year so my family members get hand me downs and are still using them 4-5 years old on current OS. I think the iPhone 6s is able to run ios14 which was released in 2015. When you consider total cost of ownership, it becomes pretty low if you don’t constantly upgrade like me.

They tend to be very reliable and provide value to me. Not trying to convince anyone but that my view on it. Same as with macOS products. I’ve got a six year old iMac still running and on the latest OS. I can’t say that for any of the windows machines I have.
This. Just like my macbook my iphone just works all the time. I don't care about widgets and emojis and other stupid shit that Apple is now trying to copy from Android. I text, take pictures and surf the web on the go and that's about it. I want it to do those things flawlessly and don't really give a shit about other crap. My girlfriend had a few Android phones and she was always having issues with them. She would replace them every year, not to get the latest one, but because they had become unusable. I can't remember a single recent iphone that got slow or unusable on me.

Also the integration with other Apple products is another main reason for me to stay with iphone. The fact that I can text from any of my devices including my macbook I think is a feature that ALONE would keep me on iphone. I can also transfer pics to my macbook with 1 click. I have little to no interest in any of the "new" features on recent iphone releases and even less in those of Android. Even my friend who owns an IT company and is a diehard windows guy has an iphone.
Appreciate 1
Esteban43748.00