c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Exactly. I tried my best with android. I really did. I still use several of them for apps in my car. I have a older android-based Samsung S6 that runs my radar detectors and laser jammers in my G80 and I also have an S8 I use as a hotspot in both my G80 and Tacoma to give me a remote access to my dash cams. The S8 is also good for connecting to my personal electric vehicles like the Segway I own and electric unicycle‘s. But I would never use another android-based phone for work email, music or phone calls. Just too many problems.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Android other than security aspects I’ve mentioned on previous posts. And I used to be diehard Android until ios7 or so when the UI more or less began to catch up with Android from a functionality perspective. Yes, if you want to use your phone more or less like your desktop computer, maybe Android is for you (CLI, custom coding etc), but most of us just need to do the basic things with them which now are quite a few features.

I also like the fact that there’s a lot less OS fragmentation going on with Apple and you can keep a phone a lot longer than you typically can keep an Android while still enjoying the latest OS. I tend to replace every year so my family members get hand me downs and are still using them 4-5 years old on current OS. I think the iPhone 6s is able to run ios14 which was released in 2015. When you consider total cost of ownership, it becomes pretty low if you don’t constantly upgrade like me.

They tend to be very reliable and provide value to me. Not trying to convince anyone but that my view on it. Same as with macOS products. I’ve got a six year old iMac still running and on the latest OS. I can’t say that for any of the windows machines I have.
Appreciate 0