View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 10:55 PM   #15
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
had my M6 GC in for its MOT today and while I was waiting I managed to sit in an 8 coupe (m850) and it did look rather special but out of curiosity I tried to sit in the back and was surprised my head hit the roof and I couldn’t pull the front seat to its upright position - it made me feel that a GC (6 or 8) is the one for me
I'm about 5'9" or so and I can comfortably sit behind myself on the passenger side just fine but not quite comfortably on the driver side as the pedals are a bit closer than the carpet of course.

As such I view the F13 as a 3 seater and for that it is comfortable. I couldn't fit behind myself at all in the F92 due to the 1" reduction in legroom and 2" reduction in headroom so I view the F92 as a 2 seater. If so then I'll take a 911 thanks!

I'm leaning to F93 if I get an M8, but I'm still sceptical about the gearbox plus the other comments I've made - copying and pasting my own words here from another thread

I lose my 80 litre fuel tank and go down to 68 litres.
The aforementioned issue with losing 1" leg room and 2" headroom in the coupe.
I lose the M-DCT and get an 8 speed ZF
I get a small increase in power but that will be offset by drivetrain losses
The M6 is already a porker at 1925kg, now I'm going to 1960kg in the Coupe with worse weight distribution (I'm guessing roughly 54-55% at the front in the M8, the M6 is 51.5%)
Because I can't fit 3 people comfortably or 4 people in a pinch I might be considering the M8 GC, but that is 2055kg and 5098mm long vs 1925kg and 4898mm long. And while there MUST be more room in the M8 GC I still only get a 68 litre tank!