View Single Post
      01-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #54
F13_Tyler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Just put about 40 miles on the new setup.

First thing I'd like to comment on, Spacecpe, very strange to me but it seems I have much less sidewall protrusion where the tire meets the lip of the rim. Weird considering we have the same specs from the same company even. Strange.
Second thing, the Michelin PSS 335/30/20 will NOT work on a 20x12et25. Hitting the inside spring perch, see first photo below. However it WILL work somewhere between the range of et20-et23. With a 5mm spacer there is the smallest amount of space between the tire and perch (second photo) however I did rub the outer fender very slightly (stock suspension as well), only during large dips in the road at speed, and it's very very minor. Grip so far is slightly better than the cup 2s, 2nd gear has gripped up fairly well though it is improving as the tires break in.
Thirdly, my oh my does it look amazing. Car has such a fat stance that I love.
Spacecpe, I believe you're on the right track with a 3mm spacer. The rub I'm getting is so minor that It isn't even leaving a mark on the tire, I will be ordering a pair as well. Just be very careful with that inner perch! It's close!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0