View Single Post
      06-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #9675
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Hey friends, time to ask a question I wish I didn't have to.

How do you break up with someone that moved in with you? There's no financial obligation from her, or anything tying us together financially (lease under my name; bought a few articles of furniture together but am willing to pay her back if asked). But she's from another state, and it'd take her three days (at least) to go back and I doubt she's keen on doing that trip alone.

What do you think is the right thing to do? I don't want to just put someone on the curb, that's cruel - but I don't have any interest in continuing this relationship, either.
This is something I did, with my GF at the time of 6 years. She moved down from MI to NC with me, but things never got better and was constant arguing over nonsense. One day couldn't take it anymore and started the conversation. It wasn't fun, but things ran their course.

What I did, was still work with her. Gave her time to figure out an apartment, helped her move, made sure everything was squared away and that she was safe in her new arrangement. We hung out until she found someone new, then that was that.

Do you have the ability to help her move? Sure you might have to take time off work, but it's a gesture that can at least not leave her out to dry. We're all people at the end of the day, and just because things don't work out, doesn't mean you can't support them while things get worked out.
Appreciate 8