05-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #27
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo8765 View Post
First off, I doubt the 740hp quote.

Assuming 12% DT loss that would be 650whp. That would have to be 650whp SAE (not the higher reading STD) correction factor and repeatable. To be fair it should also be on an unbiased 3rd party dyno. Preferrably one that other known cars were dyno'ed on to have a reference point.

can we assume 20% DT loss for 700 HP AWD car and find 560 WHP?

I read about a lot of different cars on a lot of different forum. We all know there are a lot of high reading dynos. Especially vendor owned dyno's. I'm not going to name names, but if you read very much you already know of some examples.

I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just trying to keep us all honest. I'd be the first to congratulate anyone with a repeatable, SAE corrected, 650whp from a known realistic dyno.

Second, re-read my post. Of course I don't know the trap speed for this particular M6. It is unlikely, however, that this car traps 5mph faster than the two fastest documented trap speeds on this forum. HIGHLY unlikely. It's more likely that it's trap speeds are very similar to other cars with similar mods. Cars with similar mods seem to be trapping 125-128 (admittedly the number of data points remain low)…. but 133 would put this car WAY off the bell curve.

Finally… perform 100 roll races with different cars with known trap speeds. Barring irregularities including but not limited to wheel spin, incorrect initial gear, missed shift, or bouncing off the limiter… the car that traps higher will win the vast majority of the time. Not every time but the lion share. Trap speed is the single best indicator of performance in a roll race beginning at typical speeds i.e. 30-70mph.
I read your post and I'm not against the number you mentioned about trap speed. I just gave you raw data and tried to refer to the fact that a RWD car can keep up with an AWD car if it has much horse power and well designed. I also compared the R8 since it's aerodynamic shape is more close to Lambo. look at the data again. you can see in 50 km/h (most of the rolling races start at this speed) to 250 km/h (most of the rolling races finish at this speed) M6 is about 2 seconds ahead R8 and 1.3 second ahead GTR. this is what I was trying to say. I know Aventador has more power compare to R8 and GTR, but this particular M6 ( that is CLAIMED 740 HP) has more power than M6 CP too! and I know this is not a simple math to get decision by comparing numbers. I am just trying to say that It's not that easy to judge. you can easily say M6 can beat M5 in rolling or M5 can beat 911 C2S in rolling or RS7 can beat M6 in drag race, but you cannot say definitely Aventador can beat 740HP M6 in rolling! and again I said in real world numbers must be close... who wins? we have to see
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0