10-11-2019, 06:24 AM   #2347
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Done - they responded.

My counter was that since my current employer covers my health insurance premiums, and that would go away - that they increase my base salary by a commensurate amount.

They countered with no change in base salary but increased my annual bonus by 2.5%, which was comparable.

I signed and accepted the offer. Now I have to go tell my current employer - who is going to completely loose their shit.

New position is VP of Finance for a $29bil consumer products company. I'm stoked. Feel pretty good considering I am only 42.
Well done sir! Proud of and for you. Always makes my day to hear stuff like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven View Post
I'm 47 and still dating girls in their 20's.
I'll give you props for being able to pull this off, but my question is how is the conversation? Anyone that I associate with, especially someone I'm dating, has to be somewhat of a conversationalist. Most 20 year olds, that I encounter, make me want to punch myself in the face after about 2 minutes of listening to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
the job hunt and the lack of offers is slowly getting to me
Stay the course. You really have no other option to begin with, but keep your head straight. Tough to do sometimes but try not to let it bother you. Find something to do to keep your mind occupied that rewards your brain. You need to keep some form of positive/healthy dopamine booster going to keep yourself out of the funk. Remember, the search for a positive experience is itself a negative experience and paradoxically, the realization of a negative experience is in turn a positive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I assume she turned 30??
That's what I'm thinking. Still winning.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8222.00