01-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #9
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
Guys, yes I can attest to the odd noise , buzz and ting comes from my 650 at times when simply standing still .... Lol I’ve walked past my car at times to put stuff in the waste bins and heard odd little noises come from mine and wtf? .... sleep and wake up is a spot on analogy Qsilver7!
Ezmaass, I hear the fans whirring after I Park for a little while maybe 5 minutes this isn’t that unusual though. I do hear a series of sounds that seem to encircle the car , like a ‘ self check’ at times...
I assume the whirring you are referring to at the front of your car are not the cooling fans. Heavens knows what little self check items our sharks have in them to keep their brows in check.... 👌
Yep, there are definitely a bunch of little sounds - stuff like the HVAC will do self diagnostics every so often to open/close the vents, cooling fans run, etc. I've definitely heard a bunch of those over the years, but this was definitely something different and odd enough that it was like, "BMW wouldn't have let that leave the factory sounding like that." It was loud and causing the headlight to vibrate. I can only assume it was something temporarily out of whack... or maybe it could still be a failing component that may just be temporarily acting up and may come back. We'll see!
Appreciate 0