01-23-2020, 02:21 AM   #8
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
Yes, absolutely - and I suspect it's part of the reason these cars apparently eat their batteries! My previous 550 and now this 650 both had their batteries proactively replaced by BMW at the 2 year service. I never had any issues with them (e.g. low voltage warnings or trouble cranking), and the only explanation I got from BMW was that it was instructed to be done by corporate at this time - seems very crazy. But considering it was being done under warranty, I didn't argue with them!

I'll continue paying attention to this one and see where it goes. Like I said, I think the sound probably always existed on lock/unlock (as it must be part of the car's wake-up/shut-down procedure), but it was just significantly louder for some reason. Consequently, I did read on an F10 forum discussion that some of the folks were witnessing something which sounded similar, and there was potentially a link to a software update. I didn't verify if BMW did a SW update, but it's quite possible as, like I said, I was having the car CPO'd and they tend to go through quite a lot in the process.
Guys, yes I can attest to the odd noise , buzz and ting comes from my 650 at times when simply standing still .... Lol I’ve walked past my car at times to put stuff in the waste bins and heard odd little noises come from mine and wtf? .... sleep and wake up is a spot on analogy Qsilver7!
Ezmaass, I hear the fans whirring after I Park for a little while maybe 5 minutes this isn’t that unusual though. I do hear a series of sounds that seem to encircle the car , like a ‘ self check’ at times...
I assume the whirring you are referring to at the front of your car are not the cooling fans. Heavens knows what little self check items our sharks have in them to keep their brows in check.... 👌
Appreciate 0