BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSTAR_007 View Post
New owner...greetings!

Picked up this '15 M6 GC in San Marino Blue from a fellow forum member...love the car so far, but still getting familiar with her!

I typically don't rock OEM wheels, nothing wrong with stock, but just like a bit of a personal touch. BIG question...anyone rocking 20" aftermarket wheels? Trying to get ideas before jumping to 21". It's not a daily driver & roads here are pretty good...I do like some spirited mountain roads (i.e. the Dragon) though and contemplating what to do. Not opposed to 21"...just getting ideas! PM me if selling any wheels as well

Current: Eibach springs (0.8inch drop) and 10mm wheel spacers:
Congrats on the car! One of my favorite colors!

I run 20" aftermarket BC Forged wheels and did not want to go to 21" due to traction issues and making power. If you ever plan on modding the car up to stage 2 you will not be able to keep the power to the ground on 21" tires with that really low profile. I am using 315/30/20 drag radials to hold the car down and so far they are the only tires that keep me from losing the rear end at the top of 2nd and throughout 3rd gear. You can't really have fun with the car if it's trying to get sideways at 60-80mph in 2nd and 3rd gears.
Appreciate 0