Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Just wanted to say you guys are really doing a service to this whole community. I just purchased a 2013 with 17,000 original miles. I live in nc so never gets too cold here. I plan on keeping this car forever. I normally just take her to the gym or store, never long sustained highway drives. I've been letting the rpm drop on initial start and baby it to wherever I'm going. I honestly haven't really been too focused on the operating Temps. This whole rod bearing talk has me kinda worried to be honest. How can bmw continually have the same issues on multiple engines and still manufacture them like this. I guess my question is, I'm all about longevity and I won't put crazy miles on the car. What is the best oil for my climate? Is a thinner oil better for short trips? I just want to make sure I'm running the right oil. I was always told to just listen to the manufacturer as far as recommended oil. The problem is Bmw trying to save money with the extended intervals etc. Oh, and I plan on 4-5k intervals. Thanks guys!!!
Appreciate 0